
Wow, what an insane week. I'm not a morning person at all. I don't like to talk or work in the mornings. So coming to the restaurant every day at 7 am, was not my first choice of things I'd like to be doing at that hour.Contractors have been in and out all week. The equipment is hooked up (woo hoo!) and the place is painted. (See photos) We have a purple orchid theme going on . It's really pretty..thanks to my mom and sister for designing it.
After painting for 4 days straight just to get two coats, I was really over painting. Luckily our drywallers' scaffold was still around, so it helped trmendously.
There are many things I underappreciated when undertaking this project. Mostly that many people I have worked with do not share the same values as me...timelieness, honesty...well mostly timeliness. Things have taken so so much longer than I would have imagined.
We are yet to set an open date because there still some big hurdles to overcome. Mostly just everything to fall into place. There are so many little details that we are yet to tackle, but I'm really happy to finally be getting out of the construction phase and really getting into what I love...making the food.
People are really excited about us opening. Our location is great and there is a lot of traffic to Jalapeno's next door.
Today I got to sleep in a little, so I was much happier. It was an easier day. Although a lot of time was spent on the phone. It's been a sauna every day in the restaurant..no A/C right now and a massive heat wave hitting our area. Ugh. Just sweaty, sticky, ugh-ness.
So we keep pushing forward. Plowing through our frustrations and seeing the ultimate goal in the end. Which will be the beginning of something truly magnificent.

No comments:
Post a Comment