Thursday, July 06, 2006

Close, but not quite to a breaking point...

One thing I've found about this project--and something I'm grateful for, is that it is never, ever boring. Each day there's something new and unexpected. So far, unfortunately, a lot of the unexpected has been in the form of bad news. We're stuck in a rut with construction because we can't move forward until our equipment comes in.

And where is our equipment, you ask? That's the million dollar question. No one really knows.

Amazon.com can tell you exactly where your $5 book is, but for some reason our distributors can't tell us where thousands of dollars worth of equipment is.

When I was in India with a Habitat for Humanity build project, they would tell us every day, that materials were coming 'tomorrow, tomorrow'. But 'tomorrow' actually means in a couple of weeks, or sometimes never. I'm getting a little deja vu with our own endeavor.

I had a snapping point today, where I felt everything change. The sweet little Toa you all know, morphed into this irate, agitated lifeform that had little control over her forceful words to the equipment distributor. Maybe I'm just learning that you can't always get things done by playing nice with everyone. Maybe, I'm turning into my Dad :)

My parents are the most caring, wonderful people ---but you do not, I repeat, DO NOT, want to get on their bad side.

Everyone do your equipment arrival dance and pray to the equipment gods to bless us with our stuff.

No comments: