Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Beaten down, but not out


Hi all,

It has been an exhausting couple of weeks. I'm sitting here at the computer trying my best not to collapse onto the floor. If I did, I think I could sleep until morning.

I put in a 14-hour day today...and trend that's been developing over the last few weeks. Contactors have been coming around 7 am each morning. Sometimes showing up, sometimes not.

Today was our close to final painting day. All our equipment has arrived (minus 20 chairs)...the kitchen is ready to go as soon as the hood gets hooked up. We're shooting to open in about 2-3 weeks. Depending on when everything can finally come together.

It has been one headache after another. If it's someone not showing up, it's bills that have been missing, or unexpected permits...

But all in all, I see the ultimate goal..and really, this is what I signed up for. To challenge myself and to work through difficult situations. I feel so lucky to get this chance to really excel and to see what I'm made of. After spending the last few days 12 feet in the air on a ladder set on a rolling scaffold...I feel like I can conquer anything.

I'm excited to get cooking and really set things in motion. The dining room is painted three shades of lavender..it's beautiful..designed by my sister, Tahn and my mom.

So that's the latest and greatest. Thanks for reading about my adventures. It surely been that...an adventure beyond my wildest dreams. I knew I would work hard, but I didn't know I would work this hard. Signing off as I'm about to fall to the ground. :)

No comments: