Thursday, August 28, 2008

Married & Back to work

Ok, so here's the scoop on the latest and greatest in the life of T.O.C (Thai Orchid Cafe)

In my own personal life, I celebrated one of the greatest days of my life, my wedding day, featuring my wonderful husband, Mike.



It was a Buddhist/Baptist ceremony with three Buddhist monks and a Baptist minister blessing our union and making for a very unique experience for all involved.

After a nice, nice break in St. Lucia in the Caribbean, I was relaxed, recharged and happy to get back to work.

I read an article in the NY Times today about people who get into the restaurant biz. Here's the article:
"Love Food? Think Twice Before Jumping Into the Restaurant Business" - NYTimes.com:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/27/dining/27fail.html?th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print

It really hit close to home because each day we face many challenges that will either make us or break us. Even in this bad economy, I feel really lucky to see a steady growth in our little restaurant. I credit that growth to the sheer will and drive of my family and I to make it work. No matter how hard we have to work, it's going to make it. With a positive attitude and a dedication to quality and service, I think it's a winning formula. Nothing complicated...just do all that you can to create a wonderful experience for your customers and results will come.

It's about 1:30 am and I will attempt to get some much needed sleep. More to come soon.

Ciao!

No comments: