Thursday, April 03, 2008


More pictures of Baby Elise will fill many more of my blog entries. She's just too cute to not show off to everyone.

This week has been much easier since my mom has been back in action here at the T.O.C. (thai orchid cafe). She does so so much here, it's amazing. And not a day goes by that I'm not insanely grateful for everything my parents have done for me and for this business. It wouldn't exist without them.

Now that there's a grandchild in the picture, my mom has her sights on retiring and being a full-time babysitter. I don't know when that will happen, but I would be so happy if we could accomplish that somehow.

Restaurant life is tough in many ways. One being that it's hard to get away. We (as in me, my parents, and my aunt) all put in about 13-15 hours a day working, 5 days a week, and about 8 hours on Saturday. But to me, it's worth it. Along with it, are many benefits. There's a great Mastercard commercial that I love. No corporate ladder to climb, no competition to beat out for certain positions, no bosses to impress...it's very stress free in that respect.

So for me, the sacrifices are worth it. Every minute I cherish.

No comments: