

(Photo 1: Preview of the Thai Orchid Cafe, Photo 2: Mom and Dad with the hood permit!)
It has been two weeks of UPS and DOWNS! We are so close to opening it's almost painful. I can see it..the glimmer in the distance is here, right before me, but just a little too far to reach. (I have short arms you know).
We passed our health department inspection with a perfect score of 100, woo hoo! We got great feedback from our inspector which was a great boost in a time when things have not gone as planned.
The August 5th opening was long gone as delay after delay popped up. I knew there would be bumps in the road, but I did not expect this. I guess I am new to the world of business and had naive expectations about how people conduct themselves professionally. I grew up learning that you returned calls in a timely manner, that you kept to your word, and that communication was key. Apparently, some people missed the memo.
But besides all the disappointments, I couldn't be happier with how the restaurant looks and how far it's come along. The long hours continue every day, but I know the work will be worth it. I have big dreams of where this restaurant will go. All the things I have learned through this process---and I have learned a lot---will be applied to new ventures in the future.
My parents have been amazing through this whole process. I've learned so much from them about work ethic, dealing with difficult people, and how to raise each other up, even when things get tough. There have been some rough spots, trouble shooting, etc, but never have I thought about quitting...mostly because it wasn't really an option---but mostly because I knew this is what I wanted. Where it will take me, I don't know...but I'm having one helluva ride through this adventure.
The opening is coming soon! Stay tuned :)

No comments:
Post a Comment