Friday, June 30, 2006

Picking up the pace...

Entering into the final month before our Grand Opening (We're shooting for August 5), I'm met with the jitters of excitement and joy! We have worked so hard in the last two months and it's amazing to see how far we've come. But yet there is so so much more to go.

After July 4th, things are going to really pick up. I can feel it already. We have demolished old walls, framed up new ones---the equipment is coming in next week and everything (hopefully) will all fall into place.

I've been blown away by this whole process of starting your own business. The amount of phone calls made and machines that I've talked to has been astounding. There are so many more players involved in this than I could have ever imagined. So many gov't divisions, contractors, banks, and other services...it kind of makes my head spin.

But it is all working towards one thing...opening those doors in one month to new friends and new fans of home-cooked Thai food. Sometimes I think of this restaurant as an excuse for my family to have our own big kitchen to cook in---and it's a bonus that we get to share our love for this food with other people. Plus we can make a living out of it. What a dream.

No comments: